Thursday, February 2, 2012

... 68 Coupons Later - Saved $186 - Paid $14 - A Great Day at Publix

I Lo♥e Extreme Savings

(Just Bragging A Little Here, :-) )


Yesterday was the last day of the FREE boxes of Fiber One cereals with 25¢ overage on each.  So it was my second trip this week.  I was actually planning on Publix paying me to shop,  but some impulse shopping caused me to dig in to my wallet for a credit card (one that gives cash back for all purchases, of course).  Had I not inspected  the clearance rack at the front of the store, I would not have picked up a $4.50 bag of bird food (saving at least 50%).  The rest of the $14 and change was spent on Boar's Head products from the Publix Deli counter.  It is very rare that I don't impulse buy some items, but usually I can manage to find a coupon, or the item is a BOGO.

You only live once.

Coupons Used:
  • 4 Publix Starkist .50/1
  • 21 Publix General Mills cereal from weekly ad $2/1
  • 21 Mfr Fiber One cereal .75/1
  • 3 Publix Green Advanrage $5/2 for Phazyme & Sominex
  • 2 Mfr Phazyme $2/1
  • 2 Mfr Sominex $2/1
  • 6 Mfr Phazyne $1/1
  • 2 Mfr Pillsbury Grande Bisquits $1/1
  • 1 Mfr Dreamfield's Pasta .55/1
  • 1 Competitor:  Target Dove chocolates $1.50/1
  • 2 Mfr Dove chocolates $1/1
  • 1 Mfr Hungry Man $1/1
  • 4 Competitor:  Winn-Dixie $5/30
The rest of the savings was from BOGOs and other sales.  All in all, I am delighted that I am set with cereal for many months to come.  Our pantry already had a bunch of  Kashi cereals and oeatmeal stocked.  Now we have a nice variety.

Bought:
  • 21 Fiber One cereal
  • 2 Freshetta pizza
  • Boar's Head roast beef
  • Boar's Head swiss cheese
  • Boar's Head turkey
  • 1 Whole wheat tortillas
  • 1 Dreamfield's pasta
  • 1 Busch's Chili Starter
  • 2 Hungry Man
  • 2 Pillsbury Grand Bisquits
  • 4 Phazyme
  • 2 Sominex
  • 2 Taco Bell taco shells
  • 4 Starkist tuna pouches
  • 1 Parrot Food 4lb
  • 2 Dove chocolate bags
  • 1 Lactaid Milk 1/2 gal.

No comments: