Don't underestimate how much you can save by shopping sales and using coupons. All these $1 meals are only achievable for me by shopping carefully and stocking up when the right combination of sales + store coupons + manufacturer coupons come together. Check the posts, archives and tabs for more info about saving with coupons.
$1 Meal Menu
Fluffy Veggie & Cheese Omelet
Whole Grain Toast
Fresh Winer Fruit Salad
Water w/Lemon or Orange Mist, Or Iced Tea
Ingredients & Recipe for Two Portions
Omelet Ingredients ~ $0.80
•6 egg whites, $0.60
•1.5 cups frozen Birdseye Steamfresh cut broccoli (or veg of choice, i.e. sugar snap
peas or a mix), $0.0
•1 Big Slice Kraft Swiss 2%, sliced in 6 strips,$0.20
Fresh Winter Fruit Salad Ingredients (or Sliced Melon) ~ $0.50 to $0.87
•1 small apple, $0.25 ($1.99 for 3 lb bag)
•1 med-large naval orange (1/2 lb) $0 .19 ($1.49 for 4 lb bag)
•1/3 pound grapes, $0 .30 ($0.89 per pound)
•1 small banana, $0.13 ($0.49 per pound)
•1/2 canteloupe, sliced (divide portion in two), $0.50 ($0 .99 per melon)
Additional Ingredients ~ $0.20
•2 Large Slices Whole Grain Bread (Arnold's or Similar) 20
•2 Small Lemon Wedges, or Orange Wedges from Fruit Salad Ingredients
•Optional - Tea bag and ice for homemade Iced tea
Simple Preparation & Cooking Instructions
The Fresh Fruit Salad
1. Wash, remove rinds and skins, as desired.
2. Slice it all in to a bowl, remembering to catch all the juices that come from the
fruits as you cut them. (If having melon instead, make slices out of one half the
melon, rinds on or off, and place alongside omelet.)
3. Lightly toss 2 or 3 times so it is evenly mixed and has been in the juice. The citrus
will help maintain the original color of fruit.
1. Steam frozen broccoli and undercook a bit.
3. Beat egg whites and add drained broccoli pieces to bowl.
4. (A) For Stovetop Cooking: transfer mixture to a heated skilled that has been
lightly coated with oil, spray oil, or melted butter. You can use non-stick if you
prefer. Cover skillet and keep heat at medium or less and cook until done. You
can ﬂip the ﬂuffy omelet when cooked enough, if you like.
(B) For Microwave Cooking: transfer mixture to a salad bowl or a a ﬂat plate
that has been lightly coated with oil, Pam or butter. Cover with another plate or
microwave dish cover. Cook on high for 1.5 minutes, depending on temp.
5. When omelet is cooked, spread the cheese over the top and cover the omelet
again, leaving it in the original pan. The cheese will melt.
6. Cut in half and serve on a ﬂat plate with the Fresh Fruit Salad on the side in a cup
3 Meals ~ $3
Including Snacks / Desserts
Total $3.00, 1395 Calories
Breakfast Total: $0.33, 365 Calories
- $0.0 - Cup Fiber One cereal @ FREE, 180 cal
- $0.20 - Cup Skim Milk @ $2.98 gallon, 80 cal
- $0.13 - Medium Banana @ $0.39 pound, 105 cal
Lunch Total: $0.26, 250 Calories
- $0.26 Silk Protein & Fruit Smoothie @.50/qt + Banana @ $0.13, 250 cal
- Made with 1 cup of the Silk beverage (Publix) + 1 Banana (Farmer's Market) + ice, blended.
Dinner Total: $1.75, 335 Calories
- $1.25 Barber Chicken Parmesan @ $2.50/2 ct., 250 cal (Publix)
- $0.50 simple salad w/balsamic vinegar @ $3.00/Romaine 3 ct., 35 cal (Publix)
- $0.0 Birdseye steamed broccoli @ FREE , 50 cal (Publix)
Snacks / Desserts Total: $0.58, 410 Calories
- $0.23 Fresh Pear @$1.19/2 pounds (5 pears), 100 cal (Aldi's)
- $0.10 Milkbite Bar @ .50/box of 5, 150 cal (Publix)
- $0.15 - 1 oz. Almonds @ .90/can 6 oz, 160 cal (Walgreen's)
- $0.08 - 4 oz. Fresh Pineapple @ $1.39/very large, 35 cal (Aldi's)
TOTAL $3.00, 1395 Calories
All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission.