Tuesday, March 6, 2012

HUGE Health Care Savings - Worth A Look to Save Thousands A Year on Premiums & Out-Of-Pocket Costs

First I want to establish for purposes of this message that I am a consumer who explores as many options that I can come up to find the very best deal on any item or service before I make a purchasing decision.   I enjoy sharing this information with family, friends and strangers that don't want to overpay for necessities and for comforts.  With that said, I realize this post is a little out of the ordinary for this blog, however it is in fact about savings - tremendous savings - on healthcare costs.   I also want to make it known that I have absolutely no personal or professional financial interest, investment or income as it relates to the plan discussed here.

  • "I found the Federal Plan to cost 40% - 50% LESS than the private insurance plan."
  • "I found the prescriptions to cost $10 for a 90-day supply."

There is a tremendous savings opportunity for what I consider a very good healthcare / medical insurance PPO plan that many people either don't know about have been subjected to misinformation that slams one of the greatest healthcare plans available at virtually the lowest rate through the United States government.

If you know somone that is struggling with super high healthcare insurance premiums and deductibles and he/she has a pre-existing condition*, or perhaps no health insurance at all but would prefer to, then take a look, or a re-look at the Federal Government's Pre-Existing Condition Insurance Plan, a healthcare insurance plan available to Americans that have a pre-existing condition.  You can check the eligibility criteria here.

I looked at the plans and premiums for Florida.  The Federal PCIP plan utilizes the First Health network of healthcare providers.  First Health's website has an easy-to-use online tool that allows you to search for medical providers of all sorts by zipcode, city, etc.  You can perform a provider search here (no registration or login required).  I found the Federal plan to be 40% - 50% LESS than the private insurance plan.  I also found every single one of my phsycians and healthcare providers in the Federal PCIP plan.  I found the prescriptions to be a great buy at $10 for a 90-day supply for most formulary medications.

I simply can't understand why the federal government isn't doing a better job of advertising this plan.  Think about other campaigns from federal programs that have provided public education through TV commercials, newspaper and magazine display ads and articles, brochures, etc., such as the The Food Pyramid, Dangers of Lead Paint, etc.  So this is my public service announcement.






________________
*Many folks don't realize that healthcare insurers can consider just about everything a "pre-existing condition" to charge a very high montly premium, including common conditions such as allergies, acne, back or neck problems, arthritis, asthma, high or low blood pressure, palpitations, anxiety, stomach problems like acidic stomach/gastritis/ulcer/GERD, bronchitis, and then there are the ones most people are aware of like diabetes, heart failure, auto-immune diseases, birth defects, kidney failure, and on and on.  

No comments: