Saturday, March 10, 2012

$2 Meal for Two - Eat Well - Coupons Are A Must

$2 Dinner For 2
Ingredients & Instuctions

This meal serves well as a lunch, brunch or dinner, and breakfast of course.  Thanks to shopping with coupons, we are able to enjoy this healthy meal for $1 or less per person, based on recipes for 2.

How?
When the perfect combination of sales, store coupons, and manufacturer coupons come together to create a scenario where I can get groceries totally FREE or at a super low price, I tend to stock up.  We have a pretty large freezer chest in the garage, which has many packages of FREE Birdseye Steamfresh vegetables (no sauce).  They were on sale at 50% off, and I combined store coupons with manufacturer coupons and paid nothing.   For eggs I pay no more than $1.20/dozen.  For Kraft Big Slices Swiss cheese I pay no more than $2 (10 slices).  We like Arnold's whole grain breads and pay an average of  $1.59 per package (at least 16 slices).  I usually get produce from the big indoor farmer's market open 7-days a week, or from discount supermarket, Aldi's.  I buy produce at Publix too, but usually just fill-in or sale items.







Options:
Toss the egg yolks, use a different cheese, other fruit combo, crackers or biscuits instead of bread.  It shouldn't affect the price if you found good deals.



.

No comments: