...and, didn't clear any shelves or even come close to it; bought a big variety.
CVS, Walgreen's, Publix & Pier 1 Imports
$582.39 Products Regular Cost
$158.72 Total Amount Paid
$422.75 Total Savings+++$41.25 still left in new Publix gift cards
What did I learn:
1. Make sure to have coupons filed properly (I missed a couple and could have saved a few more $$)
2. Make sure to stop at the customer service desk before checking out (once you have all the products in your possession) if you have any unique or obscure coupon or transactions that may necessitate the cashier calling a manager. This avoids delays in the line. Having the products with you when showing them the coupons helps a lot.
*(Gift cards are newly obtained from this week's promotions, but will count the gift cards in future shopping trips' savings, instead of this week. I included 2 McDonald's BOGO Smoothies deal in the above figures.)
And some details:
- freezer is LOADED with food (Kashi, Cascadian Farms, Morningstar Farms, Stouffers, seafood, more)
- refrigerator is filled to the brim (produce, juice, dairy, deli, etc.)
- and i won't be needing toothpaste for at least 2 years
- and i won't be needing shampoo for a least 2 years
- and i won't be needing hair styling products for at least 2 years
- and i won't be needing razors for a year
- and i won't be needing cereal (hot or cold) for around 4 months
- and i won't be needing frozen entrees (Kashi, Morningstar Farms, Stouffer's, etc.) for a couple of months
- and i won't be needing bagels for a couple of months
- and i won't be needing granola bars for a month or two
- and i won't be needing almond milk for a few weeks
- grocery shopping for the next month will just be for fresh items - produce, dairy, juices, fish, poultry, meat (although don't eat much of last 3).